To support content expertise and high quality pedagogical practices in science classrooms, grades 4-9. The CESA 6 Science Center has been designed through a partnership between CESA 6, CESA 5, and the Unibversity of Wisconsin - Madison
Wisconsin Leads in Math and Science Initiative.
1. This center is intended to be a sustained professional development opportunity to support teacher capacity to promote deep understanding of essential science concepts and implementation of the new Science Standards.
2. This professional developmetn is designed to be an ongoing process to improve classroom science insteructino with goals to:
- Increase the content knowledge of science educators
- Expand the ability of science educators to implement an inquiry-based instructional model
- Explore tthe Next General Science Frameworks and Standards and develop classroom strategies for for implementation
- Design and implement Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) for science
- Increase the capacity of science educators to engage in reflective practice as a vehicle to improve instruction
- Increase the capacity of science educators to differentiate science instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Increase the capacity of science educators to integrate cutting-edge technology into the inquiry-based learning experience
- Develop an on-line resource portal to support teachers and students in inquiry–based science
Click here to view/print Science Center brochure