This professional development is designed to provide districts, schools and teachers with the tools necessary to increase the success rate of students by:
- providing research-based instructional and/or behavioral interventions for students,
- providing critical data needed to design, implement and monitor instructional and behavioral interventions,
- providing viable technical solutions for monitoring student progress of the intervention(s),
- reducing the time that additional instructional supports and/or behavioral supports are delivered to students,
- reducing the number of referrals to special education.
The Network will commit to preparing district leadership teams, schools and teachers for an academic and/or behavioral Response to Intervention model by providing the sequence of universal, targeted and intensive instructional interventions. Agency personnel will be assigned as a district or school coach to assist in the fidelity and sustainment of instructional interventions.
Related Staff Development Opportunities