Our middle/high school programs have three components- an academic component, a work experience component and a lifetime activity component.
- Core academic subject areas are taught
- Social skill instruction is major emphasis
- Students earn grades which are then sent to home district for the awarding of credit
- If student earns required # of credits-home district awards diploma
- Students need to obtain a work permit
- Participate in various activities in which they get paid- cleaning office building, cafeteria work, etc.
- Activities that students can earn through completion of academic work and demonstrating appropriate behavior
- Vary from fishing to camping, bowling, swimming, etc.
- Purpose of activities is to build relationships and also provide students with constructive activities which they can participate in throughout their lifetime
The Elementary programs have two basic components:
Academics- core academic subject areas
Again, the focus is on behavior..
Our goal in each of the programs is to teach the students the necessary behaviors in order for them to be successful and return them to a special education program within their home school district.